Schedule: FREE Entry all night & everyone is welcome at any
time. 9:00pm DJ#1 Kizomba & Zouk 9:30pm DJ#2 Reuben: Salsa, Bachata, Zouk, Kizomba, Cha, Merengue etc 11:30pm DJ#3: Zouk & Reggaeton through to regular club music 3:00am Closes
Social Salsa Dance Party Nights:
Totally Fun filled & Hot. Drink and dance the night
away. Every week there's a Salsa night. Come down and have a look, a drink and have a dance! It's the most popular Salsa weekly event. Anyone can come, this night is for everybody at all levels, dancers and non-dancers.
DJ Reuben from Salsa Latina Catering for all dance styles: Salsa, Bachata, Zouk, Kizomba, Merengue, Cha Cha, Merengueton & Reggaeton.
Note: There is no class during this night, if you want to learn Salsa we suggest coming along to one of our Salsa Beginners courses during the week, see details here >
Topkapi Bar & Restaurant:
64 Mancheseter St, Christchurch, NZ
- Opens from 11am all day, Great food & Drinks available.
- Topkapi on Facebook >
Tips & Safetly Tips for Social Dancing
• To get a dance with someone, it recommended to stand near the edge of dance floor to get the best results. Find that sweet spot where everyone tends to get asked. If you sit down you probably will find it hard to get a dance. There is whole articles written on this subject, see our articles pages on this website or search online.
• The floor is for dancing. Walk around the edge of
the dance floor rather than trying to thread your way through
the dancers causing accidents.
• Don't take drinks onto the dance floor incase you spill a drink, dancers
soles tend to absorb fluids and then they can't dance.
• Take off sharp rings, bracelets, hair pieces and keep your nails short
• If you are teaching, learning or practicing new moves, do it off to the
side of the dance floor. The dance floor is for dancing!
• If the dance floor is crowded, don't take up excessive space or travel
from area to area, look around and behind you so you don't crash into others.
As with driving, good dancing includes the skill of dancing with everyone on
the dance floor, not just your partner. Air steps (aerials) & lifts are for
competitions and performances not the social dance floor and are banned at the
studio and usually social events. Never lift without permission.
• Do NOT do performance tricks, flips or lifts, this is a no no and can be very dangerous, not just for your partner and you could be removed from the venue.
• Don't drink and dance. Not to much anyway... If you have had too much
to drive, you've had too much to dance.
• Also make sure your breath is sweet and use deodorant. Manage your well being, you'll get more dances
• Don't be the 'teacher' on the dance floor, particularly when it's not asked for. Many people find this very annoying, the dance floor is for dancing! Just enjoy the dance the best you can and thank your partner at the end.
Join the Newsletter
Informed of Dance News, Classes & Eventsin Christchurch and Major Salsa events, shows, specials, competitions within New Zealand.