Time & Dates:
N.B. Please join our newsletter, on some occassions if the bar is booked it will be at Salsa Latina (join below)
Social Salsa Dance Thursday Party Nights:
Latin Dance Nights at Mish Mash Bar. It's open from 4pm for dinning so come in, great bar for dinner, food & drink. Music Starts from 8:30pm to make space for Salsa dancing on Thursdays and we do encourage people to come earlier to get ready and buy a drink or two to support the night. Djays playing the hottest Salsa, Bachata, Zouk, Kizomba, Cha & Merengue.
- DJ#1 (DJ Owen) 9pm with 30mins Zouk & Kizomba to start
- DJ#2 (DJ Alistair) until 10:30pm (some nights)
- DJ#3 (DJR- Reuben) from 10pm till late.
Social Dance Nights; Totally Fun filled & Hot. Drink and dance the night away. Every Thursday night. People from all walks of life come to party and dance. Come down and have a look, a drink and have a dance! It's the most popular Salsa Night of the week.
Anyone can come, this night is for everybody at all levels, dancers and non-dancers.
These Thursday Salsa Nights have been running in various bars every Thursday over a decade or so, including; Loaded Hog, Base, Twisted Hop, Revival Bar, Mashina Lounge, Diamond Bar, Topkapi, Corianders & Morrell & Co
Mish Mash Bar:
Cnr Manchester & St Asaph St, Christchurch, New Zealand
Entry all night & everyone is welcome at any
- Opens from 4pm till Late, Great food & Drinks available.
Tips & Safetly Tips for Social Dancing
• To get a dance with someone, it recommended to stand near the edge of dance floor to get the best results. Find that sweet spot where everyone tends to get asked. If you sit down you probably will find it hard to get a dance. There is whole articles written on this subject, see our articles pages on this website or search online.
• The floor is for dancing. Walk around the edge of
the dance floor rather than trying to thread your way through
the dancers causing accidents.
• Don't take drinks onto the dance floor incase you spill a drink, dancers
soles tend to absorb fluids and then they can't dance.
• Take off sharp rings, bracelets, hair pieces and keep your nails short
• If you are teaching, learning or practicing new moves, do it off to the
side of the dance floor. The dance floor is for dancing!
• If the dance floor is crowded, don't take up excessive space or travel
from area to area, look around and behind you so you don't crash into others.
As with driving, good dancing includes the skill of dancing with everyone on
the dance floor, not just your partner. Air steps (aerials) & lifts are for
competitions and performances not the social dance floor and are banned at the
studio and usually social events. Never lift without permission.
• Do NOT do performance tricks, flips or lifts, this is a no no and can be very dangerous, not just for your partner and you could be removed from the venue.
• Don't drink and dance. Not to much anyway... If you have had too much
to drive, you've had too much to dance.
• Also make sure your breath is sweet and use deodorant. Manage your well being, you'll get more dances
• Don't be the 'teacher' on the dance floor, particularly when it's not asked for. Many people find this very annoying, the dance floor is for dancing! Just enjoy the dance the best you can and thank your partner at the end.