Friday (postponed) stay tuned for an update FREE
Entry everyone is welcome at any
- Doors Open 8pm on Friday
- Live Salsa Band 'Matecito' 8pm - 11pm (Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Cumbia, Cha)
- Salsa DJR 11pm- 2am 'NEW' (Kizomba, Salsa, Zouk & Bachata)
It Just got later, now DJR (Reuben) will be playing till allot later, more Kizomba more Zouk more Salsa, more Bachata till the early hours!
Come & Dine, Dance & Drink the night away. Come early as Salsa dancing music will finish early too. Come for a fun packed night. The last time we had a Salsa Night with Matecito there was well over 350 people during the night.
Social Salsa Dance Party Nights:
Totally Fun filled & Hot. Drink and dance the night
away. Enjoy a great night to LIVE Salsa Music
Come down and have a look, a drink and have a dance!
Anyone can come, this night is for everybody at all levels, dancers and non-dancers.
Featuring LIVE Salsa Band Matecito playing the greatest Salsa, Bachata, Cumbia, Merengue & much more.
DJ Reuben from Salsa Latina Catering for all dance styles: Salsa, Bachata, Zouk, Kizomba, Merengue, Cha Cha, Merengueton & Reggaeton.
Brought to you by Salsa Latina, Matecito, Chch Casino & Mashina Lounge
Photo: Matecito Live Salsa Band at a Mashina Salsa Night in April 2014
30 Victoria st, Chch Casino. (Peterbourgh st)
Entry all night & everyone is welcome at any
- Great dining, food & Drinks available.
- Tidy Dress code & R20 at Mashina Lounge, please wear tidy clothing, no rips etc. Dress or leathers shoes recommended. Sneakers & skate shoes are not allowed, but you can bring a pair of dance shoes to get entry even with sneakers on.
Scenes from the opening Salsa night at Mashina Lounge.
Tips & Safetly Tips for Social Dancing
• To get a dance with someone, it recommended to stand near the edge of dance floor to get the best results. Find that sweet spot where everyone tends to get asked. If you sit down you probably will find it hard to get a dance. There is whole articles written on this subject, see our articles pages on this website or search online.
• The floor is for dancing. Walk around the edge of
the dance floor rather than trying to thread your way through
the dancers causing accidents.
• Don't take drinks onto the dance floor incase you spill a drink, dancers
soles tend to absorb fluids and then they can't dance.
• Take off sharp rings, bracelets, hair pieces and keep your nails short
• If you are teaching, learning or practicing new moves, do it off to the
side of the dance floor. The dance floor is for dancing!
• If the dance floor is crowded, don't take up excessive space or travel
from area to area, look around and behind you so you don't crash into others.
As with driving, good dancing includes the skill of dancing with everyone on
the dance floor, not just your partner. Air steps (aerials) & lifts are for
competitions and performances not the social dance floor and are banned at the
studio and usually social events. Never lift without permission.
• Do NOT do performance tricks, flips or lifts, this is a no no and can be very dangerous, not just for your partner and you could be removed from the venue.
• Don't drink and dance. Not to much anyway... If you have had too much
to drive, you've had too much to dance.
• Also make sure your breath is sweet and use deodorant. Manage your well being, you'll get more dances
• Don't be the 'teacher' on the dance floor, particularly when it's not asked for. Many people find this very annoying, the dance floor is for dancing! Just enjoy the dance the best you can and thank your partner at the end.
Join the Newsletter
Informed of Dance News, Classes & Eventsin Christchurch and Major Salsa events, shows, specials, competitions within New Zealand.